Gas pizza ovens are the perfect way to make your own pizza at home. The temperature of pizza ovens that are fuelled by gas can be easily controlled, with many models ready to cook in a short amount of time.
We will be discussing some of the best gas pizza ovens on the market today. They all come with unique features that make them stand out from one another. You’re sure to find at least one that fits your needs!
Top Gas Pizza Ovens
In a hurry? These are our current favourite gas pizza ovens!
The Best Gas Pizza Ovens Under Review
Below are our favourite gas pizza ovens available in the UK. Many of the models are in high demand, particularly in the spring and summer months – so plan ahead and place your order in plenty of time. Often the better deals can be found directly with the brand, or you get some extras that you might not get if you purchase elsewhere.
1. Ooni Koda 12
- Weight: 9.25kg
- Dimensions: 40 x 29.5 x 63cm (15.7 x 11.6 x 24.8″)
- Cooking area: 13¼″ x 13¼″
- Instant gas ignition
- Commercial grade cold-rolled carbon steel shell with high-temperature resistant, powder-coated finish
- 10mm cordierite stone baking board
- No assembly required
- Temperatures up to 500°C (950°F)
- Ready to cook in 15 minutes
- Pizza cooks in 60 seconds
If you are looking for a gas pizza oven that you can use straight out of the box then the Ooni Koda 12 is a good option. With no assembly required the oven is pretty much ready to go.
Once you’ve unboxed it, simply unfold the legs, insert the pizza stone and connect it up to your gas tank. Switch it on with the instant gas ignition. The oven will be ready to cook in 15 minutes.
What you get:
- Koda 12 Gas Pizza Oven
- Pizza stone baking board
- Gas regulator and hose
By ordering the Koda 12 gas pizza oven directly from Ooni you will also be eligible for their 60 day great pizza guarantee (in addition to a free 3 year warranty when registered).
2. Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven
- Weight: 12kg
- Dimensions: 77 x 40 x 80cm (30 x 15 x 31″)
- Cooking Area: 33cm (13") cooking surface
- Stainless steel body with ceramic fibre insulation
- Folding legs making it easy to store and move around
- Ooni Baking Stone
- Temperatures of up to 500°C (950°F)
- Stoned-baked pizza in 60 seconds
- Multi-fuel - use real wood or charcoal, or, buy the Ooni Gas Burner attachment to run it on gas
If you want the best of both worlds, the ability to cook a pizza using gas, wood or charcoal, the Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven is the one for you (you will need to purchase the gas burner attachment in addition).
Although not as light as the Ooni Koda 12, at 12kg the Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel is still light enough to easily move about, making it more portable than other pizza ovens.
What you get:
- Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven body
- Oven door
- Ooni Karu 12 chimney
- Cordierite stone baking board
- Fuel tray door
- Wood & charcoal fuel tray with burner grate
- Chimney cap
3. Ooni Koda 16 Gas Powered Pizza Oven
- Weight: 18.2kg
- Dimensions: 63.4 x 58.9 x 35cm (24.9 x 23.2 x 14.6″)
- Cooking Area: 16″
- Durable, insulated, powder-coated carbon steel shell
- Folding legs
- 0.6″ (15mm) cordierite stone baking board
- Reaches 500°C (950°F) in 20 minutes
- Cooks pizza in 60 seconds
- Built-in gas ignition
4. The Firepod
- Weight: 25kg
- Dimensions: Width 54cm - Depth 45cm - Height 39cm
- Cooking Area: 13"
- Temperatures up to 500C
- Two reversible pizza stones
- Auto gas ignition and control
- Lid can be removed to convert to BBQ
- 4 colour options
- Heats up in 10 minutes
- Pizza cooks in 3 minutes
Quick and easy cooking, the Firepod Pizza ovens are quick and reliable. With a 10 minute heat up time and 3 minute cook time, your freshly cooked pizza will be with you in no time at all.
Colourful options are available to fit any outdoor kitchen design! You can also use the pizza oven and turn it into a BBQ to cook burgers or barbecue your favourite meat, fish or vegetables.
5. Ooni Karu 16 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven
- Weight: 28.4kg
- Dimensions: 50 x 81.5 x 83.7cm (33 x 32 x 20″)
- Cooking Area: 42.42 x 42.42cm (16.7 x 16.7″)
- Reaches 500°C (950°F) in just 15 minutes
- Pizza cooks in 60 seconds
- Front Mounted Pizza Oven Digital Thermometer
- Multiple fuel options - wood, charcoal or gas (gas burner sold separately)
- Hinged oven door design with ViewFlame™ technology to boost visibility
6. PizzaCraft PC6110 Pizzeria Pronto
- Weight: 13kg
- Dimensions: 49 x 42 x 40 cm
- Cooking Area: 14"
- Temperatures of up to 371C (700F)
- Ready to use in 10-15 minutes
- Pizza cooks in 4-6 minutes
- Dual layer Thermabond stone
- Place on any surface
The PizzaCraft Pronto is a slightly cheaper option than other pizza ovens. However, the Pronto doesn’t get to the same high temperatures as other models, with 371C being the highest heat – this makes quite a difference when cooking pizzas – to get more restaurant style results they are best cooked at around 500C.
That’s not to say that you don’t get good results with this model, but pizzas will take around 5 minutes to cook versus the quick 60 seconds of some other models.
Please note that a gas regulator is not included and must be purchased in addition.
7. Gozney Roccbox
- Weight: 20kg
- Dimensions: 413mm W x 531mm L x 473mm
- Cooking surface area: 315 x 340mm
- Restaurant grade pizza oven
- Gas only or dual-fuel option
- Detachable burners to easily switch between fuel
- 19mm cordierite stone floor
- Built in thermometer
- Safe-touch silicone jacket
- Retractable legs
- Temperatures of 500°C
- Cook pizza in 60 seconds
- Available in olive or grey
- 5 year warranty
The popular Roccbox by Gozney is not only stylish, but also a restaurant grade pizza oven.
The safe touch cover (jacket) made from silicone is a great addition, giving peace of mind from the high heat (500C) of the pizza oven.
The Roccbox is a portable pizza oven with retractable legs and the stone firmly secured in place. If you want to regularly transport the Roccbox between home and other outdoor locations, an additional cover with easy carry strap can be purchased.
And like other pizza ovens, the Roccbox can cook so much more than pizza – if you are so inclined, you can also cook foods such as bread, steak, fish, vegetables and pastries.
What you get:
- Portable stone-floored pizza oven
- Professional grade pizza peel
- Detachable gas burner
- Bottle opener
- *Roccbox Wood Burner 2.0 detachable wood burner (dual fuel option only)
Popular Pizza Oven Brands
The following companies all sell gas-powered outdoor pizza ovens. Some of them also sell wood-fired or a hybrid of the two.
- La Hacienda
Pizza Oven Buying Guide
When deciding on which is the best outdoor pizza oven to buy, consider the following:
Ease of Use
Outdoor pizza ovens are generally easy to use, with many pizza oven brands providing a wealth of useful information within their user manuals included, or, online.
To cook the best pizzas it is important that the oven can reach a high enough temperature. The optimum temperature to cook a pizza is at least 400C. Heat creates the perfect pizza crust and melted cheese consistency.
Gas or Wood
We cover this in more detail below but you can choose which method of cooking fuel you prefer, or, you could go for a hybrid of both (Ooni offer pizza ovens with multi-fuel options).
Most portable ovens will be suitable to place in any space in the garden. In fact, all the gas-powered ovens discussed are portable and can be used anywhere outside.
Also, remember to check if the outdoor pizza oven you are interested in can make the size pizzas you want. Most have an option to make either 12 or 16-inch size pizzas.
Most outdoor ovens are built with durability in mind. The most common material used tends to be stainless steel.
How much you pay for your pizza oven will depend on how many features it has, as well as the build quality. Portable pizza ovens for home use are cheaper than a commercial pizza oven, but even home use ovens can vary quite substantially in price.
Always shop around for the best price and check as many reviews as you can. Usually, it’s best to start directly with the pizza oven brand’s online shop. For example, Ooni offers a 3-year warranty as well as their pizza guarantee when you buy directly with them.
Why Use A Pizza Oven?
It’s true, pizzas can be cooked in an oven, or even in an air fryer – but for the ultimate and most authentic taste, a pizza oven is what you need.
It’s all about cooking the pizza dough base quickly at a high temperature, producing a crispy base and a perfectly melted cheese oozing on top. Any good pizza oven will be able to reach the temperatures required, usually around the 500C mark.
Gas vs Wood Fuelled Pizza Ovens
You may be wondering which type of pizza oven to go for; gas or wood?
A pizza oven run on wood will produce a traditional woody smoked flavour, but will take longer to reach the heat required, whereas a pizza oven run on gas might lack the same wood flavoured taste, yet is much easier to cook as you will have so much more control over the temperature.
In any case, much like the charcoal vs gas BBQ debate, many people prefer the cleaner taste of food that hasn’t been ‘smoked.’
Gas pizza ovens are ready to use much sooner than wood-fuelled, something you should consider if you have a few pizzas to make.
The perfect pizza oven would be one that has multi fuel capabilities – read on to learn about the ones that offer this!