Knowing how to reheat pizza is the key to never ever wasting it!
Pizza is one of my favourite foods and it would pain me greatly to throw it away.
Side note: You can of course also eat pizza cold – but warm pizza tastes much better (I think).
There are a few different methods to reheating pizza – some have better results than others.
Read on for the best way to reheat pizza.
Whether you are reheating takeaway pizza or pizza made at home in your very own pizza oven, use any of these methods to get your pizza warm again!
How To Reheat Pizza In The Oven
Using an oven to reheat pizza produces the best results in my opinion.
An oven will ensure the pizza crisps up again and doesn’t go all soggy.
Pros: Crispy, tasty pizza, good for reheating lots of pizza at once.
Cons: Takes the longest, kitchen will heat up when the oven is on, not ideal for reheating single slices.
Reheat Pizza Oven Method:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- For the crispiest crust and base use a pizza baking tray, (available on Amazon), or a flat baking tray. If you don’t have either you can use a sheet of foil straight on the wire rack.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes – check on it at 5 minutes to make sure it isn’t crisping up too much. Check the pizza is hot all the way through and the cheese is melted.
How To Reheat Pizza In A Frying Pan
This is perhaps a less common way to reheating pizza, but an effective method that’s worth knowing.
Using a frying pan on the stove is a great way to reheat pizza whilst keeping the base and crust crispy. Like the oven method above, reheating a pizza using a pan should prevent the pizza from becoming soggy.
Pros: Crispy pizza, good for reheating single slices, faster method than the oven.
Cons: Not practical for reheating whole pizzas, or multiple slices.
Reheat Pizza Frying Pan Method:
- Using a large frying pan, heat it over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the pizza slices for reheating and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in a couple of drops of water – next to the pizza, not on it.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid or some foil.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the pizza has cooked all the way through.
How To Reheat Pizza In A Microwave
This is probably the least preferred way to reheat pizza, but sometimes if time is a factor, or it’s the only method available to you, it’s an option.
Pros: Quick and convenient.
Cons: Potentially soggy and tough crust.
Reheat Pizza Microwave Method:
1. Place the pizza on a microwaveable plate.
2. Set off for 30 seconds – check if pizza is cooked through, if it isn’t, repeat for a further 30 seconds, or until it is ready. Be careful not to let it overcook or it will become tough.
Tip: Place the pizza on a piece of kitchen towel on the plate. This will help to soak up any excess moisture and grease and reduce the sogginess of the base.
Reheating Pizza Frequently Asked:
Yes, as long as it has been stored correctly. Allow the pizza to completely cool down before storing it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Follow any of the above methods; oven, microwave or frying pan.
No. Not only is it a fire risk, you might also release potentially harmful chemicals from the cardboard.
Leftover pizza will last 2 to 3 days when stored in the fridge.