This creamy mushroom sauce is delicious and indulgent, yet incredibly simple to make!
Mushroom sauce goes perfectly with a wide range of foods, pour it over steak, stir it through freshly cooked pasta, or add it to a baked potato.
How To Make Creamy Mushroom Sauce
What You Need To Make Creamy Mushroom Sauce
What if I told you the ingredients needed to make mushroom sauce were as simple as this?
- olive oil
- fresh mushrooms
- fresh rosemary (can be replaced with fresh thyme)
And – it only takes 5 to 10 minutes to make.
Simply melt the butter with the oil in a saucepan before adding the mushrooms. Make sure you brown the mushrooms until they turn a darker golden shade, this will take about 5 minutes.
When the mushrooms are cooked through, add the crushed garlic (if you are using them).
To help the mushroom sauce thicken up enough, stir the cornflour in with the milk until it dissolves, before adding that and the cream to the saucepan. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Optionally add in some grated parmesan cheese for extra flavour.
Serve over steak, chicken, pork chops, baked potatoes or stir it through freshly cooked spaghetti!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (can be replaced with fresh thyme)
- 230ml cream
- 230ml milk
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan melt butter and olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add the mushroom to the pan and fry until it is a golden brown colour. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Mix the cornflour in the milk and stir until it dissolves. Pour it into the mushroom pan with the cream and allow to simmer for 5 -10 minutes until the sauce thickens and is cooked through.
- Add rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
If your sauce splits add water and stir to balance the fat liquid ratio.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g