I didn’t plan on making this soup today but when I was in the supermarket earlier today I saw this pack of root vegetables. At just £1 for them all it seemed like the perfect opportunity to test out another soup in my soup maker!
I felt in the mood for a bit of spice today so I added 1tsp of garam masala, but you can add your own choice of spices, or leave them out completely. Just use what you already have in your store cupboard.
The only other ingredients I added were 2 crushed garlic cloves and some vegetable stock. Not a bad autumn soup for four people for a little over £1!
I hope you enjoy this soup. Let me know in the comments!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 300 g carrots
- 150 g parsnips
- 400 g swede
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 700 ml vegetable stock, (from 1 stock cube)
- Peel and chop all the vegetables into equal chunks.
- Heat the oil in a pan or in the base of your soup maker if it has a saute function.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients to your soup maker (or switch off the saute function on your soup maker) and add the remaining ingredients. Use the smooth setting on your soup maker.