Celeriac chips have grown in popularity as a replacement for potato chips.
Many people love chips, but they don’t love the calories and, depending on the method of cooking, the fat that comes with them.
Celeriac chips are a healthy alternative to potato chips made from celeriac, naturally low in calories and carbohydrates.
Celeriac chips are also a keto and low-carb diet fave.
How To Make Celeriac Chips
Celeriac chips are easy to make. They only require a few ingredients and about 30 minutes of cooking time.
What You Need
- One whole celeriac
- Sharp knife
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Flavourings such as paprika, garlic salt or cayenne pepper
Preparing Celeriac Chips
Start by topping and tailing the celeriac before peeling it with a sharp knife.
Cut the celeriac into fat chip strips as evenly as possible.
Put the raw celeriac chips in a bowl and coat with the olive oil before sprinkling with your choice of flavouring; paprika is a good choice and the sea salt.
Place the celeriac chips in a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
What Do Celeriac Chips Taste Like?
Celeriac chips don’t get as crispy as potato chips but they taste absolutely amazing! I wasn’t sure what to expect but they have an almost sweet taste and the texture isn’t that dissimilar from chips made from potatoes.
Different seasonings will affect the taste so experiment with your favourites!
- 1 celeriac*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoning (ideas include paprika, cayenne pepper, curry powder)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 230C/210C Fan/Gas Mark 8/450F
- Top and tail the celeriac before removing the skin with a sharp knife.
- Slice the celeriac into fat chip slices.
- Transfer to a bowl and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with your choice of seasoning and sea salt.
- Transfer raw celeriac chips to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, checking on them halfway through and flipping the chips over.
The celeriac I used weighed 1kg unpeeled and 700g peeled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 985mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g