If you love bacon as much as I do, you’ll be happy to know that you can cook bacon in an air fryer!
How To Cook Bacon In An Air Fryer
This air fryer bacon recipe can be made in any air fryer model – your only limitations are how many rashers you can cook at a time!
What You Need:
- an air fryer (I used a Ninja Foodi but any model is fine)
- bacon rashers – smoked or unsmoked
- trivet/crisping rack – optional
You don’t need to use any oil or butter for cooking bacon in an air fryer; you quite literally add the bacon to the air fryer basket and cook it.
What Temperature Does Air Fryer Bacon Cook At?
I’ve found the best temperature for cooking bacon in an air fryer is 180C (350F). You can cook it at a higher temperature, but you might experience some smoking coming out of your air fryer.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Air Fryer Bacon?
If you are using regular cut packaged bacon rashers, the cooking time will be 8 to 10 minutes for a crispy finish. For thicker cuts of bacon, you will need to increase the cooking time.
Halfway through the cooking time, flip the bacon rashers over so that they crisp up on both sides. If the bacon isn’t as crispy as you would like it, keep cooking the bacon, checking on it after 2 minutes.
How Many Bacon Rashers Can I Cook In The Air Fryer?
This will depend on the size of your air fryer; it doesn’t matter if they slightly overlap each other, but don’t pile them up on top of each other, or they won’t crisp up.
To fit more bacon rashers in at once, you can use a trivet, a rack with different levels or a crisping rack (Ninja sell one for the Foodi)
Have you made air fryer bacon before? Let me know in the comments!
- 4 bacon rashers*
- Lay the bacon rashers in the air fryer basket. If you want to fit more rashers in, either use a trivet or a rack to add more. It doesn't matter if the bacon rashers are touching each other, or if they are overlapping a little bit, but don't lay them on top of each other.
- Set the air fryer off at 180C/350F for 8 to 10 minutes. For thicker slices of bacon increase the time to 12-15 minutes. Flip the bacon half way through (unless you are using a crisping rack).
- If the bacon isn't crispy enough, cook it for a little longer, checking on it after 2 minutes.
*you can cook less or more bacon if you wish, the cooking time will be the same.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g