If you are looking for a Christmas cupcake recipe that is quick and easy to make, this is ideal.
Making Mincemeat Cupcakes
The ingredients that you need for this recipe are exactly the same as for my basic cupcake recipe, plus a jar of mincemeat.
You can either make mincemeat from scratch, or buy a jar from the supermarket.
The steps are simple – cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl before adding in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
Sift in the self raising flour before folding in the mincemeat.
Transfer the mixture to cupcake cases – you should have enough for around 16 cupcakes, or possibly more, depending on how high you fill your cases!
Transfer to a preheated oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. The cupcakes will be ready when they have risen and golden brown in colour. They should be springy to the touch.
Leave them to cool on a wire rack. They taste great warm, or you can leave them to cool completely before icing them.
The cupcakes will last for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- 125g butter softened/margarine
- 125g caster sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 400g mincemeat (jar or homemade)
- 125g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in the beaten egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the self raising flour and mix until just combined before folding in the mincemeat.
- Transfer the mixture into cupcake cases. You should have enough for about 16 to 20 cupcakes depending on how high you fill the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cupcakes are ready when they have risen and will be golden brown in colour and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and optionally ice them, or enjoy them as they are.
Cupcakes will last up to 2 days when stored in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g