Broccoli and Stilton soup is quick and easy to make in a soup maker.
Similar to my broccoli and cheddar soup, this recipe requires very few ingredients and is a handy way to use up any extra Christmas cheese you might have hanging about!
How To Make Broccoli and Stilton Soup in a Soup Maker
What You Need:
- Onion and Garlic
- Fresh Broccoli
- Celery (optional)
- Potato (Maris Piper works well)
- Stock (vegetable or chicken stock)
- Stilton cheese
- Seasoning according to taste
You can optionally sauté the onion and garlic if your soup maker has this option built in – if not, feel free to skip this step.
Add all the remaining ingredients, apart from the cheese – I just wash and chop the potato, I don’t bother to peel it.
If you any, you can add in celery for some extra flavour, or some leek.
I quite often get asked about stock for my soups in the soup maker. I mainly use stock pots rather than cubes, and I very occasionally use homemade. I tend to put the stock pot directly in the soup maker, and then just add hot water from the kettle up to the MAX line on the soup maker.
Set the soup maker off on smooth and leave it to do it’s work!
At the end of the soup maker cycle, remove the lid and stir in the crumbled Stilton. Give the soup a taste and add seasoning if needed.
If you like, you can reserve a little bit to crumble on top when you serve the soup.
Optionally serve with croutons on top and some crusty bread. Yum!
Can You Freeze Broccoli and Stilton Soup?
Yes, you can freeze Broccoli and Stilton soup for up to 3 months. You can freeze it with the Stilton stirred in already but this may change the texture slightly, but it shouldn’t effect the taste.
How Long Does This Soup Last?
In the fridge, Broccoli and Stilton soup lasts for up to 3 days.
I hope you like this recipe – let me know in the comments if you make it!
Other Soup Maker Recipes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 head of broccoli, broken up*
- 1 medium potato (Maris Piper is a good choice)
- Vegetable or chicken stock up to the line**
- 75g - 100g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- Seasoning according to taste
- Optionally sauté the chopped onion and garlic cloves if your soup maker has this built in.
- Add the chopped up potato and broccoli florets.
- Place the stock pot/cube in the soup maker jug.
- Pour hot water directly into the soup maker jug up to the MAX line.
- Set the soup maker off on smooth.
- At the end of the soup maker cycle, add the crumbled Stilton cheese - saving some to sprinkle on top.
You can optionally add in some celery, or substitute the onion for spring onions.
*Depending on the size of your soup maker you might not use all of the broccoli head.
**I add 1 stock pot straight to the soup maker and then pour hot water directly into the soup maker jug up to the line. If you prefer you can make the stock up in a jug and then pour it into the soup maker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 521mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g