Enjoy a hearty pork casserole with minimal effort using a slow cooker.
This slow cooker pork casserole is loaded with flavour and can be easily customised to your taste.
Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to make a tasty pork casserole in a slow cooker.
How To Make A Pork Casserole In A Slow Cooker
This slow cooker recipe is easy to prepare with simple ingredients.
Depending on what you serve with it, there should be enough pork casserole to serve between 4 and 6 people.
For more concise instructions and to print out, head down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Slow Cooker Pork Casserole Ingredients
- Pork – I used 750g of diced pork. The best cuts to use are pork shoulder and pork leg.
- Onions and garlic – I used 2 onions and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Mustard – I used 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard but you can also use English mustard.
- Chopped tomatoes and tomato puree – I used a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Vegetables – you can use any combination of vegetables you have available. I used 2 carrots and 2 leeks that weighed about 500g when prepared.
- Herbs – there are lots of herbs you can add to pork; I used 2 tsp dried mixed herbs and 2 bay leaves.
- Stock – I used 150ml of vegetable stock made from 1 stock pot.
Making A Pork Casserole In A Slow Cooker – Step-by-Step
I don’t sear the pork before adding it to the slow cooker; I prefer to add everything raw where possible.
Prepare all the ingredients by chopping the onions, crushing the garlic and chopping the carrots and leeks (or the vegetables you are using).
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and gently stir until everything is combined.
Set the slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
At the end of the slow cooking time, the pork should be cooked all the way through, and the vegetables softened.
The ingredients will have released enough liquid during the cooking time to produce a tasty sauce.
If the sauce is too runny, you can thicken it by adding one teaspoon of cornflour with a tablespoon of room temperature water.
Alternatively, stir in some gravy granules. I used beef gravy granules, but you can use pork gravy granules if you have them.
What To Serve With A Pork Casserole
There are many delicious sides to serve with a pork casserole, from creamy mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables to couscous or rice.
Freezing Pork Casserole
To freeze a pork casserole, allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 months and defrost in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How To Reheat A Pork Casserole
To reheat a pork casserole, transfer it to an oven-safe dish or container and heat it in the oven at 180°C for around 25–30 minutes until heated through. Alternatively, you can heat it in the microwave.
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- Slow Cooker Gammon in Coke
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder
- Slow Cooker Chilli Peanut Pork
I hope you like this slow cooker pork casserole recipe; let me know in the comments if you end up making it!