Halloumi salad is the ideal way to enjoy this tasty cheese – and it’s effortless to make too.
How To Make Halloumi Salad
You can make a halloumi salad in many different ways – this recipe is a classic salad and basic salad dressing, with halloumi added to it.
Make the salad dressing by mixing together the red wine vinegar, virgin olive oil and dried herbs.
Prepare the salad by washing and chopping up everything before drizzling the salad dressing on top.
How you cook the halloumi is up to you; for this recipe, I fried it for a couple of minutes on each side until it was golden brown, but you can cook it in the oven or, if you are having a bbq, cook it on there before adding it to a salad.
Serve the salad with some croutons, toast slices, or just as it is.
More Halloumi Recipes
- 100g salad leaves (lettuce, rocket, spinach etc)
- 4 large vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 450g halloumi (2 x 225g packets)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Croutons - optional
For The Salad Dressing:
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs*
- In a bowl mix together the red wine vinegar, olive oil and dried mixed herbs.
- Place the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Drizzle the salad dressing over the top.
- Slice the halloumi.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the halloumi, 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place the halloumi and optional croutons on top of the salad and serve.
*you can also use a single dried herb such as oregano, basil or parsley instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 765mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 28g