If you crave pumpkin pie, putting it in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to cook it.
Read on to see the easy steps to making air fryer pumpkin pie.
What You Need For Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie
The ingredients below were enough to make a small pie to fit in a 5.5 L Cosori air fryer.
If you have a smaller air fryer, you can adapt the recipe to a smaller tin size or use individual ramekin dishes or baking tins.
As I wanted to make this a quick and easy recipe, I used a pastry case, and the instructions reflect that.
- Pastry: I used a pastry case I bought from Sainsbury’s, but you can instead use a ready-rolled shortcrust pastry or make your own shortcrust pastry.
- Pumpkin Puree: I used 300g of pumpkin puree I made from the pumpkin I roasted in the air fryer. You can also use some premade pumpkin puree that can be found in most large supermarkets.
- 1 egg
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. each of ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg
Preparing Pumpkin Pie For The Air Fryer
Preparing The Pastry
If you are using a pastry case, you can go straight to preparing the pumpkin filling for the pie. If you are using a ready-rolled pastry, roll it out to fit the size of your baking tin. Likewise, if you are making your own pastry from scratch, roll it out when it is ready and fit it into the tin.
Making The Pumpkin Pie Filling
To prepare the filling for the pumpkin pie, put the puree, egg, sugar, cream, vanilla extract and spices into a large mixing bowl.
Whisk everything together until it is well combined. You can either do this by hand or with the use of an electric mixer.
Assemble The Pie
Pour or spoon the pumpkin filling into the pastry case, filling nearly to the top.
Note: if you are using fresh pastry instead of a premade pastry case, you should blind-bake (prebake) the pastry in the air fryer before adding the pumpkin filling.
Air Fry The Pumpkin Pie
Transfer the pumpkin pie to the air fryer basket. Switch the air fryer on and cook at 180C for 18 to 20 minutes.
The pie is ready when the filling is set, and the crust is golden brown.
Leave the pumpkin pie to cool before serving. Serve with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Top Tips For Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie
- Don’t overfill the pastry base, as the filling will puff up a bit while cooking.
- If the top of the pie is browning too quickly, cover it with a piece of foil.
- The cooking time might vary depending on your specific model of air fryer so keep an eye on the pies to make sure they don’t burn.
- Allow the pumpkin pie to cool for a little bit in the air fryer basket before trying to remove it, as it will be very hot.
More Air Fryer Baking Recipes
Are you looking for more baking recipes for your air fryer? Below are some air fryer baking recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Air Fryer Carrot Cake
- Air Fryer Apple Crumble
- Air Fryer Apple Turnover
- Air Fryer Shortbread
- Air Fryer Flapjacks