Fast and fool proof, air fryer corn on the cob cooks up crispy, slightly charred, and delicious.
Just add butter and herbs for an easy, flavour-packed side.
🛒 What You Need
👩🍳How To Make Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer
After washing the corn on the cob, pat it dry with some kitchen paper. Coat them in oil and then generously season with salt and pepper according to personal taste.
Transfer the prepared corn on the cob in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer off at a temperature of 190°C and the timer to 12 minutes.
At the 6 minute mark turn the corn on the cobs over.
The corn on the cobs are ready when the yellow becomes more intense and the edges begin to char. As all air fryers cook differently, check on them for doneness at around the 8 to 9 minute mark.
🍽 What To Serve With Corn On The Cob
Corn on the cob goes well with a variety of different dishes. Here’s a list of options that go great with corn on the cob:
- Grilled Meats: A classic barbecue with grilled chicken, steak, pork chops, or sausages complements the sweet taste of corn.
- Burgers and Hot Dogs: Corn on the cob is a summer cookout staple, perfect alongside burgers and hot dogs.
- Salads: Serve alongside a fresh green salad, a pasta salad, or a tangy coleslaw for a lighter meal.
- Roasted Vegetables: Pair it with other roasted or grilled veggies like asparagus, or bell peppers for a veggie-packed dinner.
- Ribs: Corn on the cob and barbecue ribs are a match made in heaven, especially with a slathering of barbecue sauce.
- Mexican Cuisine: Corn on the cob goes well with tacos, fajitas, or enchiladas, especially if seasoned with chilli powder and lime.
⭐ Corn On The Cob Air Fryer Tips
- Oil and Season: Lightly brush the corn with a bit of oil. This not only adds flavour but also helps the seasoning stick. You can keep it simple with just salt and pepper, or get creative with other herbs and spices like paprika, garlic powder, or even a bit of peri-peri seasoning for a kick.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Cook the corn in a single layer. If you have a smaller air fryer, cook the cobs in batches to ensure they cook evenly.
- Cooking Time: Air fry the corn cobs for about 10-12 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time. The exact time might vary depending on your air fryer model, so it’s good to start checking them at the 10-minute mark.
- Add Flavour After Cooking: Once cooked, you can slather the cobs with butter and season to taste. Perhaps add a sprinkle of chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- Rest the Corn: Let the corn sit for a couple of minutes after cooking. This allows the heat to distribute evenly and the flavours to meld.
- Check for Doneness: The corn should be tender and have some browned or charred spots. The yellow colour of the corn will have become deeper and more intense.
🧾 More Air Fryer Recipes
There are so many tasty foods you can cook in an air fryer. Check out these for inspiration: