Air fryer potato wedges are very easy to make, turning out deliciously fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
They are an excellent side dish for grilled meat, or fish, but also perfect as a snack.
How To Make Potato Wedges In An Air Fryer
Making air fryer potato wedges is extremely easy. Just like air fryer chips, all you need are some potatoes, oil and some seasoning.
Which Air Fryer Should I Use?
You can make potato wedges in any air fryer. I made these in my current favourite, the Ninja Foodi, but you can use any type of air fryer – but you may need to batch cook them depending on the size of the basket.
There is no need to peel the potatoes, just give them a good clean and scrub.
What Are The Best Potatoes For Wedges?
You can use most potato varieties for wedges, but a good choice is Maris Pipers.
Do You Need To Soak Potatoes Before Making Wedges?
Some recipes advise soaking the potato wedges before air frying them – personally, I don’t do this step but I do like to give them a good rinse in cold water to wash away some of the starch. This helps the wedges to crisp up a little bit more, but it’s not essential.
If you do choose to soak them, leave them in water for about 30 minutes before draining and patting them dry with some kitchen roll.
I like to use a little olive oil brushed over the potato wedges so that they can really crisp up on the outside. There is no need to use too much, just 1 or 2 tbsps.
Making Oil-Free Air Fryer Potato Wedges
I do think the wedges taste better when oiled, but if you prefer to not use any oil I would recommend you soak the potatoes first to remove as much starch as possible, this will help to crisp them up and prevent them from sticking to each other.
You can just use a little salt and ground black pepper to season your wedges, or, add a little more flavour with some garlic powder, smoked paprika or even some cajun spice. For a completely different flavour why not sprinkle some curry powder over the top for some curried potato wedges?
How Long Do You Air Fry Potato Wedges?
This will depend on how thick you cut your potatoes, but assuming they are similar to mine pictured here I would cook them for about 20 minutes at 200C. Check on them and shake them roughly every 5 minutes. If you are piling them on top of each other they might need a little longer to cook too.
Can You Reheat Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
Yes, just place them back in the air fryer basket and cook them until they are heated through.
Can You Cook Air Fryer Potato Wedges From Frozen?
Yes, you can cook potato wedges from frozen in an air fryer. Most frozen potato wedges will already be oiled and seasoned so all you need to do is add them to the air fryer basket. Cook them for about 20 minutes, shaking them every 5 minutes.
Related: Air Fryer Recipes
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 to 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp seasoning
- Wash and scrub each potato before cutting it into wedges.
- Either soak the cut potatoes in cold water for up to 30 minutes or rinse them under cold water. Pat the wedges dry with some kitchen roll or a clean tea towel.
- Brush the wedges with some oil until they are all coated. This step is optional if you would prefer to make oil-free wedges.
- Season according to your tastes - just a little salt, or you can add some smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, or a little curry powder to make curried potato wedges.
- Place potato wedges in the air fryer basket - depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in batches.
- Cook at 200C/400F for 20 minutes, shaking every 5 minutes.
- Cook until the wedges are crispy on the outside. The cooking time may be longer if you cook a lot of wedges at the same time.
- Remove wedges from the air fryer basket and add some more seasoning if required.
Maris Pipers are a good choice for potato wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g